About MIEKO MINTZ
Every piece starts with saris, a traditional Indian dress. Our garments are made by layering vintage saris and hand- stitching them together with the Kantha technique. Our brand designer, Mieko Mintz, is Japanese and incorporates traditional Japanese shapes into garments made from Kanthas. Sustainability is the essence of the brand: nothing goes to waste; no machines are used and saris get a new life as unique pieces.
Mieko Mintz has been designing such collections for more than a decade. Since every sari is unique, the core of the brand is a one-of-a-kind garment. Mieko controls the weight of her jackets by the number of layers utilized.
Mieko selects pairs of saris so that all her garments are fully reversible. And her accessories are made from the scraps remaining after the creation of these garments.
Pop Up CONCEPT
Because the collection is predominantly one-of-a-kind items (for your reference, every item is fully reversible), the Mieko Mintz brand does extremely well with a pop-up concept. For example, the brand had a 3-day event at one of our customer’s stores and during the event, 200 units were sold. Based on these successes we are currently looking for retail partners that are able to help us to spread the message of sustainability in the fashion industry and, of course, let clients enjoy Mieko’s great designs.
We can collaborate on:
creating the “complete” look (please see the pictures attached), all the items would be for sale. doing a targeted event (3-4 days) displaying the product on a consignment basis.
While one-of-a-kind items have sparked our clients’ biggest interest, we do have items that are able to reproduce on order.
What we do?
Every store event is individually handled by the Mieko Mintz team, however, we do have some standard conditions:
- Working with a store on an event we are using a markup of 2.0.
- Shipping: Mieko Mintz covers the shipping cost to the store/event. The store covers the return shipping cost to Mieko Mintz Studio for the US events and to Mieko Mintz Showroom Paris for EU events.
- During the event, a representative from Mieko Mintz would be present, providing information about the brand and helping with selling. The morning clinic for selling associates is also included in the program.
- Majority of garments presented during the event is one- of- a kind. This is a great opportunity for clients to take the garment home and enjoy it right away. However, we do have an assortment of seasonal items. Those items need to be ordered. Production time for seasonal orders is 3-6 months.
- Mieko Mintz is happy to provide light refreshments during the event ( the budget is negotiable).
Any questions about the event or the conditions of the event are welcome. You can contact us at any time.